What information is generated when you visit HAR Online?
Depending how you use our Web site, certain types of personal information may be generated and collected, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Web site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law. For example, you may give us your name or email address when you complete a registration screen, respond to a questionnaire or submit an e-mail to us.
Any personal information that you provide to us will be used by us primarily to fulfill the stated objective for which the information was requested or collected (e.g. if information is provided as a result of you e-mailing us, we will use the information provided, such as e-mail address, to respond to you).
Other type of information that may be generated and collected automatically when you use our Web site is information that we consider nonpersonal in nature. For example, we may collect the name of the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access our site or and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Web site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Web site (including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Web site) and information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type).
The information we collects helps us to improve our Web site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Web site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Web site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Web site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Web site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related web site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain web site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Links to Other Sites
In many areas of our Web site, we have included links to other Internet sites which we feel add to or improve the quality of our Web site. While we hope you find these links helpful, we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We may from time to time create and use surveys on our Web site. Most surveys are simple “click box” surveys where you click a box on the screen to indicate your response. However, we may from time to time ask you for your name, email address or demographic information. If a survey does ask you this information, we will use the information to complete the survey, compile statistics and update member records.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information provided by you to (1) comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (2) to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions www.hawaiirelators.com/agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or (3) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Hawai’i Association of REALTORSÒ, our members, or others.
We have adopted security measures to protect against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, and alteration of information collected through our Web site. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Web site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Web site. If you are concerned about the security of the Internet or our Web site, we suggest that you not provide this information.
Our Web site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Web site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Web site or on or through any of its features/register on the Web site, make any purchases through the Web site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Web site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or write us at: 1259 A’ala Street, Suite 300, Honolulu, HI 96817, Attn: HAR Online Web Developer.
If you are a member and there is information about you on our Web site which needs to be corrected or updated, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 1259 A’ala Street, Suite 300, Honolulu, HI 96817, Attn: HAR Online Web Developer. However, in order for the correction or update to be permanent, you will need to contact your local association and make sure that the correction or update is made in their records as well.
Contacting our Web Site
If you do not agree with a change, please refrain from using our Web site. Thank you!
Additional Information for HAR Members
The Hawai’i Association of REALTORS® is committed to the privacy of member information and so that you, as a member of HAR, will be aware of the uses made of your member information by HAR
- Confidential. In general, all member information provided to HAR by its members is treated as confidential and HAR uses its best efforts to keep such information confidential and prevent unauthorized use.
- Member Requests. From time to time, you may contact HAR and make requests. In order to respond to your request, we may need to access and use your member information. For example, we may need to access your preferred mailing address to send you the information you requested.
- Names of Directors and Committee Members; Use of Preferred Contact Information. For use by HAR members and for purposes of conducting HAR Board of Directors meetings, we make available on our web site (www.hawaiirealtors.com) and in other print and electronic formats the names of those HAR members serving as directors or committee members of HAR. In addition, in order to provide meeting related information and to send official Board of Directors notices, we access and use the preferred contact information of HAR directors and committee members, including email and mailing addresses.
- “Listservs.” From time to time, HAR may create and maintain a “listserv” for a particular topic or subject of interest to its members. A listserv is a program that sends emails to the addresses on the listserv’s list. If you provided your email address to HAR, your email address may be used on a listserv. In other situations, the listserv may only be available if you affirmatively sign up to participate. In any event, if you decide you do not want to participate in a particular listserv, the first email you receive from the listserv should provide you instructions on how to opt out of the service.
- Orders; Credit Card Information. HAR offers various real estate related products and services to its members. In order to process and complete orders, we may need to access your member information, such as your name, company name, address, state and zip code. This information will only be used to process your order (i.e. ship and mail your order) and to send you information regarding updates to the products or services you purchased. If you pay for your order by credit card, we will need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date, which will be used solely to complete your order and otherwise kept confidential.
- Choice/Opt Out. HAR recognizes the importance of your privacy. If you do not want your member information displayed or used in one or more of the manners described above, please read the following instructions:To opt out of having your preferred contact information provided to third parties, please email us at: email@example.com or write us at: 1259 A’ala Street, Suite 300, Honolulu, HI 96817. To insure your request is processed timely and accurately, please provide the following information with your request: first name, last name, office name, office telephone number, and NRDS member number. HAR will process your request as quickly as possible; however, you may continue to receive third party communications until the request is ultimately processed. HAR apologizes in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.
- Please note, if you are a director or committee member of HAR, you cannot opt out of having your name reproduced and your preferred contact information used in the manner described in Sections 4 and 5 above.Corrections/Updates. If there is member information about you which needs to be corrected or updated, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org write us at: 1259 A’ala Street, Suite 300, Honolulu, HI 96817. However, in order for the correction or update to be permanent, you will need to contact your local association and make sure that the correction or update is made in its records as well.