The Strategies program offers courses for new real estate licensees who want to master the basics of real estate or for agents who want a refresher on the most current curriculum. HAR designed six courses in the areas of listings, finance, and the Purchase Contract to enable real estate licensees to learn the fundamentals of their practice. All courses are 3 hours, except Purchase Contract, which is a 6 hour course. Courses are offered by the Local Boards .
Strategies for Getting the Listing
Look at what you need to do to prepare for the listing presentation with a Seller:
- Know your role as the listing agent
- Define Seller’s expectations
- Agency obligations
- Prepare a listing packet and plan a marketing calendar
Strategies for the Exclusive Right-to-Sell Listing Contract
Understand the proper usage of the HAR Contract:
- What makes the Contract different from other types of listings
Strategies of Listing: Establishing Market Value and Pricing Strategies
Understand the Principle of Valution:
- External and Internal Influences that impact market value
- Analyze market statistics and trends
- Prepare a Comparable Market Analysis
Strategies of Finance: Know the Borrower
Learn how to build a comfort level with your clients when discussing financing :
- Understand the difference between a pre-qualified and pre-approved loan
- Know what is important to lenders and what they look for
- Get to know your borrower
- Understand what is important to qualify a property
Strategies of Finance: Loan Choices
Unless your Seller has cash, the bottom line is financing :
- Know the various sources for mortgage loans
- Understand the basic loan products and what they have to offer
- Financing language for the Purchase Contract
- Steps in the loan process
HAR's Purchase Contract will be covered from A to S:
- Anticipate, indentify, and resolve potential red flag
- Understand the overall flow of the form
- Review the requirements of each section
- Important time frames, responsibilies, and consequences of non-performance
The Purpose of the Young Professionals Network is to connect, empower and engage young real estate professionals. Supporting REALTORS® by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in three core areas: real estate industry, community and REALTOR® Associations.
The Hawai‘i REALTORS® YPN now serves as a resource and ideas exchange for various Local Board networks, while also working on at least one core event per year. )
Contact the following Local Boards who have networks for their events and activities on your island:
• Honolulu Board of REALTORS® YPN of O‘ahu Website
• Kaua‘i Board of REALTORS® YPN of KBR Facebook
• Hawai‘i Island REALTORS® HIR YPN Website
• REALTORS® Association of Maui RAM YPN Facebook
• West Hawai‘i Association of REALTORS® WHAR YPN Website
The Real Estate Commission requires 20 hours of continuing education every biennium (two-years) for each real estate licensee. Currently, this includes two Core courses (Core A & Core B) which cover a legislative update and other real estate topics, with the remainder of your hours available for elective courses.
HAR has partnered with The CE Shop to offer your various online courses to help complete your CE requirements at your convenience.
Code of Ethics Training
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training within a two-year cycle. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
New members of Local Boards must complete similar training when they first join. A new member who has completed the New Member Code of Ethics Orientation shall not be required to complete additional ethics training until the next two-year cycle.
Contact your Local Board if they are currently offering live training classes, or you can take an online course for free.
Don’t forget to complete your training or your membership will be suspended until the requirement is met. The next deadline is December 31, 2018.