Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest financial decisions that you can make. A REALTOR® is a knowledgeable professional who can help guide you through a smooth transaction. Here are a few tips on how to find the REALTOR® best suited for your needs:
1. Ask friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers who have recently bought or sold homes for recommendations.
2. Attend open houses. You can see a REALTOR® in action at open houses and potentially gather information on any properties you might be interested in.
3. Look for companies/REALTORS® that specialize in the type of real estate you are interested in buying/selling. If you’re looking for a new home, you want to look for those who specialize in residential real estate rather than commercial.
4. Narrow your search to about five potential REALTORS®. Contacting and interviewing with a few REALTORS® will give you the chance to find the one best suited for your needs.
5. Find someone you’re most comfortable with. Your best choice for a REALTOR® doesn’t always mean the person who your friend recommended or the one with the most experience. Sometimes an enthusiastic REALTOR® with less experience can do a great job, especially if they have completed a comprehensive training program and works with more experienced agents/brokers.