Strategies for Real Estate
The Hawai’i Association of REALTORS®’ Strategies Program (formerly called the Essentials Program) offers courses for new agents who want to master the basics of real estate or for agents who want a refresher of the most current curriculum. HAR designed five courses in the areas of listings, finance, and the purchase contract to enable agents to learn the knowledge and skills that are important to their practice.
Strategies for Getting the Listing
Looks at what you need to do to prepare for the listing presentation with a Seller.
- Knowing your role as the listing agent
- Defining Seller’s expectations
- Agency obligation
- Preparation of a listing packet and planning a marketing calendar
Strategies of Listing: Establishing Market Value and Pricing Strategies
Understanding the principles of valuation
- External and internal influences that impact market value
- Analysis of market statistics and trends
- Preparation of a Comparable Market Analysis
Strategies for the Exclusive Right to Sell Listing Contract
Understanding the proper usage of the Hawai‘i Association of REALTORS® Exclusive Right-to-Sell Listing Contract
- What makes an exclusive right to sell listing contract different from the other types of listings
Strategies of Finance: Basics
Learn how to build a comfort level with your clients when discussing financing
- Understand the difference between a pre-qualified and pre-approved loan
- Know what is important to lenders and what they are looking for
- Get to know your borrower
- Understand what is important to qualify a property
Strategies for the Purchase Contract *
HAR’s Purchase Contract will be covered from A to S.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve potential “red flags”
- Understand the overall flow of the form
- Review the requirements of each section
- Important time frames, responsibilities and consequences of non-performance
* All Strategies courses are three hours, except the Strategies for the Purchase Contract which is a six hour course.